View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 09:24 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Ali
At least they are finally trying things for you but it is pretty frustrating when it is so obvious that they are just doing things because they feel they have to and they have no idea what else to do. Maybe I should come to your next hospital visit with you and they can see another dramatic case of CRPS related severe movement disorder!!!

I am probably at the other end of the spectrum - I can't get them to try anything!! In the end I am not sure that it will actually make any difference to the outcome for either of us and at least I know that unlike my docs, I have read every single paper, document, website, clinical guideline or protocol, clinical trial result, piece of published research or medical study related in any way to CRPS that I can get my hands on. I have pushed every doctor hard for answers. I have (myself) arranged for lots of referrals to try and get as much treatment as possible and to find someone who might be able to give me a prognosis. I have done everything possible to fight through all this and whatever happens, there is nothing else I can do or could have done to help myself. That in itself makes me feel positive.

I have no expectations of the new pain doc - if he is any good or knows anything about CRPS it will be a bonus but I won't be getting my hopes up!! My pain is relatively well controlled at the moment so pain it isn't such a big issue for now.
Gymjunkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote