View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 10:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evonne View Post
Steve,

As I read what you wrote the tears began streaming down my face. You have been through a lot and your story is very inspiring. Thank you for sharing your story with me and for understanding right where I am at this very moment in time. I have also found this forum to be a great source of support and I truly value that.
Thank You!..This forum is the greatest, and you will find as you get to know folks here, and maybe even have the opportunity to meet some of us, the healing process will get on the fast track

I would suggest you try, if you can, to make it to the Hope Conference, and bring your husband with you..Harley and I will be there, Jean B, Rosebud, and I think Indigogo aka Carey, probaby a few others..Just a thought

Quote:
If you were to ask my hubby he would say that I am addicted to the internet...and probably blame the Mirapex!!! I have been turning to you guys more than I have been turning to him...but you guys understand EXACTLY what it is like because you have been where I am. Don't get me wrong, my hubby is a GEM and I let him know it. I share my feelings with him as well, but he just wants to fix this...and he can't. I just need him to learn to listen, and not try to fix this. I need him to try and understand the sense of urgency about life that I feel. Our 15th Anniversary is on October 9th. We have weathered some storms together and we are sure to weather some more. I am grateful to have him along side as I travel down this road in my life.
I can understand that your husband wants to "fix" you..Of course he would..I think that is a natural instinct..He will go through a healing period as well, and I suspect that when you begin to heal and accept, he will too..In my travels to support groups, it has always been an inspiration to witness the unconditional love and support that is given by some of the care partners..Sometimes we seperate into two groups..parkies and carepartners..Sometimes the carepartners need to talk amongst themselves to vent, and/or share their concerns, whatever the case may be

Quote:
I applaud your sobriety, that takes a lot of courage. Many people lack the courage and strength to do what you have done. You are a strong man!
Thank You!..I could not do it without the help of other people..Parkinsons is the same..We never have to be alone

Quote:
I hope that you and Harley have a wonderful time together. Enjoy the conference!

Love,

Evonne
We will