View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 10:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by therese View Post
Paula...and all...I want to share with you something that happened to my younger daughter in May of this year. She lost her 26-year old daughter in a horrific auto accident. Shortly after Lindsay died, someone gave my daughter a copy of The Shack telling my daughter that he felt that this book spoke particularly to the pain and suffering that my daughter was experiencing. Kim told me that it was exactly what she needed at that particular time in her life...that she literally could not put the book down. My pwp is presently reading this book, and just this morning, she shared a few passages with me. We discussed the fact that many of the concepts presented, we already knew...BUT it is the way in which these concepts are portrayed that makes all the difference in understanding many things in life that just seem elude what our finite minds are able to understand. As I said to my pwp...it is such simple reading, but its message is so profound...giving us a much clearer view about so many questions that we have about what we consider to be inequities, i.e., why the suffering and pain, etc. The passage that my pwp read to me this morning brought us both to tears...perhaps, in part, because it seemed to "speak to" the actual tragedy of losing my granddaughter...but, I believe, too, that it would have brought most people to tears. I have only begun to read the book, but, I assure you, as soon as my pwp finishes reading it (which should be very soon in that it's difficult for her to put it down)...I'll be reading it. It is NOT a religious book...it is spiritual.

I hope all of you are doing well...I posted a thread earlier today in which I mentioned that I had not posted here in a very long time...and here I am posting twice within a very few hours.

Therese
Therese,

Thank you for sharing your story with us on this forum. I am so sorry for the loss of your granddaughter. It is always so tragic to lose someone at such a young age. My pastor and his wife lost their son almost two years ago. I think that he was only about 20 or 21. Knowing what they went through and knowing that their spirituality has survived such a great loss is very inspiring. Another thing that I love about them is that even though they have suffered what I would consider to be the greatest loss imaginable, they are so compassionate towards people that are experiencing other types of grief.

I hope that you and your family are doing okay. You are all in my thoughts.

Love,

Evonne
Evonne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote