View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 10:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Hi hummer479...OUCH to say the least!!! There are a lot of people in this community with similar problems. And I hope some of them will come here and offer some support. First off, let me thank you for your service in the Army!!!!

I have DDD as well and other difficulties. It is a long road of discovery, to find out what will work best for you. Make sure you have good docs...if you end up having to have surgery make sure the surgeon has a lot of experience. Make sure they are up on the latest treatment possibilites.

I wonder about that nodule...

I had a herniated disc in my neck and the level above that is bulging. The herniated disc was compressing the spinal cord and a spinal nerve. I was experiencing nerve damage in my right arm and could not use it at all. Needless to say the pain was awful. Surgery seemed to be the only choice. And it worked. That was almost 3 years ago and I can now use that arm without difficulty (except for a shoulder that is falling apart ). Anyway, there are a lot of ways to deal with this, so hang in there. I understand that scary feeling about what is next???? I am sure you will get other ideas.
Take care, I will be checking back in......

"Could a greater miracle take place than for us to look through each other's eyes for an instant?"
Thoreau

~ You can give without loving, but you cannot love
without giving. ~
mistiis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hummer479 (10-08-2008)