View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 01:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks, Ron

...for your response to my question about off-label relief of PD symptoms...and yes...I AM glad that I asked!!!!!!
You have such a great ability to explain/describe things in technical terms, but, believe it or not, I understood what you said!!!! LOL Interestingly, I think, was the fact that you mentioned the Penicillin VK. Doreen is taking Amoxicillin (same family, right, Ron?)...both within a classification of "older medications" which, quite frankly, I feel work better and are safer than many of the newer medications that are "rushed" onto the market these days. Of course, Doreen's response to all this was: "How long, though, can one continue to take an antibiotic?" I told her that something like this might fit into the category of a type therapy (cannot recall the exact name right now)...that is used wherein a person takes a specific antibiotic for a certain length of time; then, the antibiotic is changed and taken for a length of time, etc. You probably know the techinical term for this, Ron!!! It just escapes me at this moment. At any rate, we'll see where this might go...and thank you again, Ron, for your response. I appreciate it very much.

Therese
Virginia Therese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote