View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 06:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for your input everyone. Yesterday morning out of desperation I went to a well established local seed company. When the gal behind the counter asked if she could help me with anything I told her my weed plight. She said wait til later this week when it gets above 70 degrees and spray the weeds with Round-up. She also told me to put down a granular weed block now. Granular weed block for fall/winter? Sheesh! Never heard that one before. She said she puts it down three times a year for all year protection.

I had all the stuff sitting in my potting shed already so this morning I put down the weed block. Later this week or early next week I'll either spray all the weeds or pull the big ones and spray the rest.

Thanks Av8rgirl for the Forsythia tip. I never knew when it should go down in the spring. I also didn't know there are liquid pre-emergents. I have Preen granular right now and when I spread it this morning I got it everywhere even on the plants. The package said it was for flower and vegetable beds. Did I just kill my shrubs and perennials? I didn't bother to brush it off plants before watering it in good.

12/02- health world implodes, 11/05- Raynaud's (Brr!), 2/07- celiac, 3/07- gluten free diet

I will survive.
JustWeave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote