View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 09:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

A lot of ways for us to save money are things we've changed over the past year. We've changed our insurance carrier to save hundreds of dollars, my rx's are mailed to me in 90 day supplies which saves me $200 per year. A lot of my other tips are probably well known by all but I'll still share.

Someone mentioned (I believe here) to cut your dryer sheets in half and get twice the amount out of a box (works great!!)

Combine my errands to one trip and walk or ride my bike when possible to save gas.

We buy discounted meat but it is only available early in the morning. By afternoon, it's all gone!

We buy mostly store brands.

If I use a coupon for $ off one item, I buy the smallest package.

I buy things like toilet paper, tissue and paper towel as well as canned goods with a long shelf life in bulk. BJ's will also accept coupons including ones like $ off 10 cans of soup. One bulk package contains more than 10 cans so the coupon is good.

I stock up when things are on sale. Especially if I have a coupon.

We bought a freezer so we can stock up on items we can freeze and buy more in bulk.

I check all foods I buy and make sure the expiration date is out far enough that I will use it before it expires. No sense buying it on sale only to throw it away.

I compared prices between the grocery store, the discount stores and BJ's and buy those items when I'm at that store.

When I go shopping I buy only what's on my list.

I bring my coupon book with me to all stores. If I find a great sale and have a coupon, I can pick it up while I'm there.
karousel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (10-09-2008), Dejibo (10-09-2008), ewizabeth (10-08-2008), Jappy (10-09-2008), Kitty (10-09-2008), Koala77 (10-08-2008), SallyC (10-09-2008)