View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 07:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Erin, I agree. Yesterday my DH and I biked (saved gas) to the library to drop off a movie we took out (free movie night) and then we went to Bill Gray's. We had a buy one get one free coupon, we split an order of fries and drank water for $7. Tonight we are going out to Mario's, an expensive steak house, for dinner but it will be free since it's an MS seminar being put on by Biogen. Another free night out plus I hope to get something out of this seminar.

My DD loves loves loves books. Letting her loose in a book store is an expensive thing. The school sends flyers home every month of books she can buy. So I now have her getting the books she wants from the library. If they are checked out or in another library, she puts them on hold. Instead of buying the books she wanted for $25 she paid $2 in hold fees and was just as happy. Add this up every month, it's quite a savings!

When my book club chooses a book to read I get it from the library to read instead of buying it. Often times I put it on hold but end up saving a lot of money that way. It costs less to put it on hold and pay 50 cents to have it sent to my local library than to actually drive to the other library and pick it up.
karousel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (10-09-2008), Koala77 (10-09-2008)