View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Good morning All!

Funny the topic of not listening to ourselves is the topic this morning. LOL I did not listen to myself and am paying the price. Spasms are driving me crazy!!! Went to Target the other night with DDs after a day of house cleaning and no resting/nap. Had a spasm from my foot right up to my butt that darn near dropped me to the floor. Good thing a rack was there for me to hold on to. My foot was contorted and my leg was stuck in a bent position.

In the meantime, DD18 was yakking, yakking, yakking about something I could have cared less about at that point but I ended up laughing at the same time. She was completely oblivious to what was going on. DD17 on the other hand was trying to help me yet there was nothing she could do. I just had to wait it out/work it out, do my deep breathing (thank goodness for La Maze classes) and try not to laugh.

We have been deep cleaning the house, mainly the girls room. The closets have been cleaned out (girls and linen), their walls are 1/2 washed and the walls in the rest of the house have been done, baseboards washed, etc.

Do I listen to my body? NOOOOO!!!! I just keep going and going. My mind still thinks my body is the Energizer Bunny. Mind and body are so out of sink. lol

Today, I hope to rest but I am not sure I can do that as I don't want to sit too long lest the spasms get worse.

Ok, that is my tidbit on not listening to what my body is saying. lol
"Thanks for this!" says:
CayoKay (10-10-2008), FinLady (10-09-2008), FranksAngel (10-09-2008), KarenMarie (10-09-2008), Kitty (10-09-2008), soxmom (10-09-2008), Twinkletoes (10-10-2008), Vonn07 (10-09-2008), yeahbut (10-09-2008)