View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 10:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

If you dig deeper you'll find that there is no valid research supporting the use of Neurontin for neuropathic pain. I am outraged that our money is being stolen from us by the drug companies for garbage medicine. Neurontin is not effective for neuropathic pain or no more effective than placebo.
I had always refused to take it because I research drugs before I take them and have access to evaluations of original trial data.
My Doctor gave me the rolling eye look when I explained the why I would not take Neurontin.
There are also more recent reports of Doctors at Harvard and Stanford taking up to $500,000 ( over several years)to give positive reviews of drugs. How can we trust any drug when even at these highly regarded schools the best doctors are filling their pockets with drug money. To me they are no different than drug dealers.
Still it leaves the patient being the guinea pig and everyone else getting rich.
Be careful what you take. Make sure it is really helping you feel better. Your doctor usually relies on drug rep. tells them about a drug. drug reps are sales people who are trained to sell certain drugs but have no educational requirements for the job. They are just sales people the same as buying a carsales . So this is where your doctors get their information about a new drug, from the drug companies sales staff!
I used to work in a huge medical pratice and the sales reps brought us wonderful lunches, gifts and I don't know what they gave the doctors. They were there almost everyday and once a week would be the drug companies catered lunch for the staff.
savannah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote