View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 11:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I was taking Lyrica but it caused too much swelling in hands/feet, blood pressure was way too high. I switched to Gabapentin and it seems to work just as well and I haven't really noticed any major side effects.

I take about 1600mgs a day...it did make me feel tired at first so I cut back a little...now it is ok. I also take Requip to help with neuropathic pain...it works wonders!! If I miss for more than three or four days I feel like cutting off my legs and arms. lol

Keep what works...if it ain't broke, leave it alone. lol

Savannah...I worked in a pharmacy while going to school...sometimes what works for one might not work for another...
I have a friend that cannot take neurotin it makes her break out in hives...but as I stated it works very well for me and for others.
I can understand your frustration over drug companies, clinic trials, etc...

I can tell if I don't take it for a couple of weeks or more...and it is not psychological, it works for me...

Some doctors will prescribe drugs without knowing if they will work...but then if we as patients don't tell them...that's our responsibility not the drug company or the doctor's.
Momma's Kids is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote