View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 07:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My doctor had recently put me on Prozac like three weeks ago. There for a while I didn't even notice a difference in the way I feel. My therapist kept telling me that she expected the Prozac to start working right away. I know it can take a while before I see any benefits from it, I know this from watching both of my sisters go on one med and off another so many times. I just feel so overwhelmed with everything in my life.

I've been through all forms of abuse and neglect. My dad is disabled, my mom had to work most of my life. I had to take care of my younger sister and clean house every day. My parents really didn't care about what I was feeling or what I did with my life while growing up. They pushed me asside while they babied my older sister and younger sister. I have a ton of pain inside and I am trying so hard to just accept it. My dad has been disabled since I was 8 years old. My grandma on my mom's side, died when I was 7. I was molested when I was 5 or 6 years old. My older sister always abused me. My mom and dad always worked. I really didn't uncover being molested part until this past July so that is most recent pain that I am dealing with right now. It's so hard to accept that all of this has happened to me.

I see my doctor next week so hopefully I will be able to talk to him about all of this, but it's just so hard to. I can't even verbalize it with my therapist yet. I am way more comfortable around my therapist than I am my doctor. I really hate feeling this way but I really need to get it all out of me one way or another.
wishfulthinking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote