Thread: Painfull Knees
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 03:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Welcome!

First and foremost, let me welcome you to this web site! It has truly been a God send for me..........You will find that everyone here is really wonderful and caring.........Now as for your knees, I have not had that problem, but I have had problems with extreme fatigue. Please, please do NOT overdo it! When you feel weak/tired the thing to do is simply rest! MG is a really tricky disease in that most of the things that help others make us worse - exposure to sunlight/heat (if you are on steroids), exercise, etc, so the key really is to not overwork yourself or work through it - you will not feel better after it. I am not trying to be a downer, and believe me when I say that it is better you get diagnosed, that way you can keep it order control..........

You may need other meds/treatments if/when you feel worse. It may just stay where it's at now. Everyone who has this disease suffers in different ways......the key is to get a GREAT neuro who really listens and cares.

Mg usually effects women in there 30's-40's and men over 60 - usually. Obviously there are exceptions to every rule........

I am 34, and was diagnosed in March - had my thymus removed in April. I have had to go back a few times for IV IG and plasmaphoresis, but feel so much better than I did! I work and live a normal life - for the most part. There are days when I am tired and do not get off the sofa, then there are days when I feel I can do anything - MG is a day to day thing.

The great thing is that this our disease CAN BE CONTROLLED for the most part! You've already found a GREAT site to talk with others.

Takce care!
Erin Hermes