View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 05:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Where Will You Be on Dec 17?

Fiona-
Glad to hear that you are doing so well. Would love to hear more of the details in person. My basic package at the moment consists of supplements, exercise, ayurvedic herbs, as much organic food as possible, and sleep.
Dr. DiRocco's Sunday Series is presenting a program on integrative medicine on Dec. 7th at the Manhattan JCC. This is being done in response to Leonore and myself and Carol and others (you,too?) speaking up and my making a proposal for a program on complementary medicine. The afternoon workshops are going to include two round table discussions amongst patients providing a forum for us to share information about things we've tried - what's worked - what hasn't. I'm pulling together those workshops and would like you to join Leonore and I moderating the round table discussions. Will you be in town? Are you interested?
Ciao, Cyndy GIlbertson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona View Post
Hi everyone - sorry to be so out of touch. I have had to go underground a little. After I got back from the Werth clinic in June with the permanent ear implants, I got pverwhelmed by chronic gastric distress. I also finally titrated off the Neupro patch without replacing it with Requip or anything. At the same time, the Mucuna stopped working for me; and I was struck with extreme, crushing depression daily. I was so weak and debilitated that I fled.

Now I am down here on top of a mountain in South America for a bit. Internet access very tenuous - much easier for me to read than send. But I really miss you all - Charley, thanks for inquiring and I know I have many beloved friends here that I am dying to catch up with.

The good news is I am much better. Super-scary gastric issues that had flattened me completely are gone (gum mastic - yay!). Extreme constipation (and we're talking a month - nada)improved to better than it ever has been thru six colonic irrigation sessions and a probiotic colonic implant, and a firm change in diet: no processed food. At all. Eggs from the chickens in the garden, milk right from the cow, and if you want meat for dinner, you get a live chicken from a farmer and wring its neck. Changes your whole perspective.

Contrasted with that is the innovative and direct treatment I am also getting here - very subtle homeopathy, oxygen therapy, and the possibility of treatments...well, let me say not available in the USA yet.

So I feel considerably better altho still working on the depression. I think it's part of the price of going off Mirapex - but interestingly similar to..'The depression I had when I first noticed symptoms. So I feel I am dealing with heart of my particular issue - probably a life-long imbalance of serotonin is my guess.

Hard to tell about the ear implants because there have been so many other issues, but my sense is that they are a good thing and are and will play an increasingly positive role. But I have lost a necessary 15 pounds and am doing at least an hour of karate training a day. Plus my walking is MUCH improved I- virtually no shuffling episodes.

The doctor I am working with is great and extremely knowledgeable. Once I check out this treatment a little more, I will give folks.some specifics because I think this could be very helpful work for some. But knowing where to go, how to do it, etc. I know is a big challenge, and my goal is to be able to help others with it, if at all possible.

So dealing with core stuff down here, but missing you all and looking forward to being in touch.

Best,
Fiona.
Shake 'Em Up is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote