Thread: Polyneuropathy
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 07:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLBEYMOORE View Post
Doctor just reviewed my EMG tests and told me I have this disease.

Is it the same as Periphereal Neuropathy. Will the damage be reverse or will it get worst I will eventually lose the use of my legs and arms?

I am type 2 diabetic with kidney disease. I am currently on a short term disability from my job. My doctor could not give me a definite date to return back to work. Some have mention SSA benefits does anyone here have this disease.

I currently take neurontin (which does not work) and have tried cymalta, lyrica and amitriplyine as well. Pain is horrible and most nights I do not sleep.

Getting depressed and frustrated that I can not get a break from this pain. All of my joints hurts, especially my hips and shoulders, it is very difficult to walk. Anyone out there with this condition???
Peripheral meaning the nerves outside the brain and spinal cord.....neuro meaning nerves... pathy meaning damaged, it's just a general term used to explain what nerves are involved.....Poly meaning many, multiple usually affecting both sides at the same time.
I know some diabetics that once they got their sugars levels under tight control their neuropathy has improved greatly over time.

you may like to read this - http://www.diabetic-talk.org/dpn.htm

Brian
Brian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lynxgal (10-09-2008)