Old 10-10-2008, 07:02 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dllfo View Post
Right now, as I mentioned earlier, I take two 100mg B1 tabs during the day and a complete
B complex vitamin. So the B Complex I take with Breakfast, along with most of my vitamins and a few meds.

I take the rest of my vitamins at dinner, around 6pm. NOW I see that I might want to rethink this.

My worst problem with any medication or vitamin is taking Qualiquin and 300mg of Neurontin
about 9pm. They are capsules. They are 324mg and 300mg respectively and they repeat at least once. I then hurry in to eat a fruit flavored yogurt to get the taste out and to settle my stomach. I take the quinine for leg cramps (down from 3 at night to 1 and trying to stop that) and the Neurontin for RLS. I also have been taking 6 mg of ReQuip (generic) for RLS. IF I take all 6mg at once, it nauseates me. So I take 3mg with dinner and 3mg about 8pm.

My weight loss program is still doing well. I eat everything but sweets. I eat at least one melon a day and half a watermelon a day (small ones) when we can find them. I figured out I actually gave up sweets about August 4th, so in 60 days I had lost 22 pounds. I still eat everything else I have ever eaten and all the fruit I can handle. Even some popcorn. But no chocolate or candy. My weight goal is 180 pounds (down from my max of 230 pounds on August 3rd or 4th. Prednisone and detoxing off the morphine combined to balloon me up to that weight. Good choices in vitamins (thanks to you...) has helped me keep my energy up.

I do not have true Narcolepsy, but I am falling asleep a lot when I am sitting down watching TV. NOT while walking or talking, etc. I am having trouble finishing this. I keep yawning and wanting to go lie down. When I do that I take Tolly with me (back to the bedroom), leave the door open so she can leave if she wants and I put my mask on, turn the oxygen on and take a comfortable nap.

Is their a vitamin that helps us stay awake? Besides the B series?
Wow... You are doing great!

I think some of your "problem" is the high dose Requip.
Here is a list of side effects...and you are on the high end dose wise:

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/ropinirole_ad.htm

As you continue to improve, discuss with your doctor perhaps reducing the dosing of it (titrate down slowly).

Keep up the great work!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 10-10-2008 at 08:54 AM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote