View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 08:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Speaking of stomach upset...

I have had a horrible increase of headaches and low grade migraines in the last 10 days. Along with this, I have had big time problems with my stomach. I do wonder if the two things are related? The doc says I have gastritis. I can't take proton pump inhibitors (makes my head worse) and I understand these are the stomach meds most people take to help out with stomach woes. I can take Axid and my doc told me to take a very large dosage (he gave me a script instead of relying on over the counter).

I'm now taking a small amount of Fish Oil and I take plenty of B12.

Sometimes I get ginger candy from the health food store...they are yummy!

What other supplements and/or foods might I try to help heal my aching tummy? What teas are good, etc.?

I really think the natural way to go is best...I would rather not take the huge dosage of Axid for too long.

BTW, I have recently noticed that I have a lot of bloating after eating meat. I am skipping days (having vegetarian days) and feel better. The only dairy I'm eating is yogurt...and this seems to also help. Vegetables...are not problem. Most fruits...no problem. I'm wondering if it would be worth getting some testing done in this area or if I should just keep a food diary????
Thanks.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote