View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 08:30 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Does this sound like OCD?

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering whether these symptoms that I am experiencing sound like OCD, any info is greatly appreciated!!

For about 2 years now I have been suffering from some sort of obsessive behaivour about hygeine. I always think that I smell even when I have just got out of the bath/shower. When I get out of the bath, I have to spray a lot of deoderant before I dare do anything else! When we go out in public, I have to ask my mom if I smell, most of the time the answer is "No" but yet I still think I smell even though I probably don't. If my mom answers "No" then about 5 minutes later I will ask the question again. It is getting kinda embarrassing now!! I can't think of anything that could of led me to this Obsessive Behaivour.

I suffer from RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy), Hypermobility Syndrome, Dystonia (as a result of the RSD), Myoclonus (A complication of the RSD) and Dispraxia. I'm not sure if this sort of behaivour could be related to any of those health conditions. My mom had a look at the symptoms of Dispraixia and Obsessive Behaivour was listed as a symptom.

If anyone has any ideas/advice please let me know

Thank you all so very much!!
Alison