View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Such meds can and DO ....

take the pain down a couple of notches for many.
The constipation side effect IS common tho and I do believe if you go to the 'search' feature on the top blue bar and key in 'const...' you will find lots of discussion all over about it and what works for some.
In my case, going on various pain meds have always had a side effect or some other price.
This past year I went totally OFF my seizure med and felt absolutely no difference in pain levels either on or off the med. I guess I had acquired a tolerance to the meds but could not 'tolerate' an increased dosage either so it's hard to tell. I do take the Tramadol a couple/few times a week but only to ensure that I can get around without hitting the pain or function brick walls. I personally have found that I must take it in advance or anticipation of problems. Taking it after does very little, unfortunately.
Each of us is very different in this aspect....that of medication effectiveness / tolerance / and side effects. Only you can articulate your concerns about it all to your doctors - you must read the complete 'prescribing information' for each medication you take...and do NOT TRUST those medication cross effect web sites at all! Some things are very very subtle and only come to light much later [and, are usually VERY underplayed]! I learned this all the hard way. I hope you don't have some bad residuals that I have as a result. But then, I take several meds for many diverse issues.
I do hope this helps. We survive, tho get grumpy at times, but we SURVIVE! Diet and supplements and exercise in careful doses all can help us get into a situation where we can heal, but nerves grow very slowly! And we have millions of miles of nerves that can be damaged....patience and hope are the best things to get thru it all. Even tho it may not seem so at times?
's - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote