View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slskckjebw View Post
My doctor let me know that my level is 32 and normal is between 20 and 100. So he wants me to bump that up some.

HOW do I do this? I get plenty of calcium. I eat cheese and milk. I do not get a lot of sun because I get too hot and burn easily.

he wants me to have 1200 mg of calcium and 1000 of vit D a day. Anyone doing this? I need some help with this.

He didn't say this level was low enough to be causing my problems though. But he still wants my levels higher.
LA

I did six months of prescription(50,000IU) high dose to get my levels up to normal (I was a 7!) and now do 2500 units a day of D3 to keep it at a normal level.

I work nights and don't get a lot of sun, but the doc said to get SOME sun daily without sunscreen and as much skin exposed as I could stand. I try to sit outside for 1/2 hour a day in the sun, summer or winter, without a coat, long sleeves, etc. even if I have to split it up into blocks! (I live in Maine and it gets COLD out there!)

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
Riverwild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote