Old 10-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by slskckjebw View Post
My doctor let me know that my level is 32 and normal is between 20 and 100. So he wants me to bump that up some.

HOW do I do this? I get plenty of calcium. I eat cheese and milk. I do not get a lot of sun because I get too hot and burn easily.

he wants me to have 1200 mg of calcium and 1000 of vit D a day. Anyone doing this? I need some help with this.

He didn't say this level was low enough to be causing my problems though. But he still wants my levels higher.
LA
This is reprehensible.... to test and then give you that advice!

Very poor advice!

You need high dose intervention, until you get your levels up.
This involves D3, perhaps 5000 IU daily. Then retest.

The 50,000 IU capsule sometimes used by doctors is the very OLD D2 formula, which is very inefficient.

There is a website to explain this:
http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/

Some people need more than 5000 IU D3, but I will not recommend that here without "a" doctor's supervision.

Once at normal levels, 2000IU D3 may be enough. But you only will know that with testing. The tests will show if you become normal. One other thing: I'd recommend D3 supplements that are liquigel caps, not powder. These are absorbed better.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
slskckjebw (10-10-2008)