Thread: Internal RSD?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 03:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Angry Keep Getting Opinions

Hi Millerprof,

I felt like I had to respond to your post.

First of all, I would get a second opinion. Please get a second opinion. It's a copout for your doctor to say that it's psychosomatic. I wouldn't be surprised if you need to take antidepressants. Most people with this condition do and are (atleast I was) encouraged to. It helps with the balance in handling the pain.

But, I want to let you know. If I were in your shoes, where I felt the way you do, I would say "this isn't normal - something is wrong." No matter what doctor tells you it's all in your head.

I had this issue when I had severe pain after I was diagnosed with TOS, had the surgery and such. That's how I got RSD. My internal med doctor told me it was all in my head after I had the surgery. I was in so much pain. I had sensitivity and stabbing pain. He said that it was all in my head and that I will need to live with the pain and that there was nothing he could do. He said - and I quote - "you know (used my name), sometimes there are things that you just need to live with". What a quack. I went to get another opinion and that doctor said "boy this looks like RSD." He hadn't seen more than a few cases, but was atleast aware enough of what could be wrong with me. Not that it was "IN MY HEAD." God I hate that.

You throwing up, losing 25 lbs and not being able to eat - there's an issue that needs to be addressed. Please get a second or third opinion. Find someone that will listen to you and your symptoms. It may be internal RSD, but also there may be something totally different going on that's causing it.

Good luck to you. Please keep us updated on what you find out.
dealingwithtos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote