View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 06:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I also have the cold type and that is no fun either. I have had rsd for 6 yrs now and i think it has started to spread into my right hand and shoulder(beings it started in my left hand and progressed into my shoulder). I have not been diagnose with it on my right side but they are the same feelings I got when I started with it in the left side. I have lost almost all of my feeling in my left hand. The doc told me that I basically have no feeling or if you want to get technical sensory function in my left hand. That sucks too because that is my dominant hand. I was just in to get my scs reprogrammed yesterday because of all the spasms I was getting and now I try to deal with it, but if I move just right and even when I was trying to sleep last night I had my spasms back again. I was told by one of the medtronic ladies that was there yesterday that since they put stimulation in my shoulder they may have hit the brachial nerve just right to cause the spasms. Now they have it programmed in just above my elbow and I am still getting spasms even when I turn it down. Does the brachial nerve run clear down your arm or is it just in your shoulder? I can't stand this it just drives me crazy. I either have the scs to help control some of the pain or I deal with more pain without the scs. Either way I can't win cuz I still deal with pain even with the scs just not as much. Is there anyway they can control the pain any better?
Sorry I got off the subject,but I guess the sooner you catch the disease the better chances you have to put it in remission. Hopefully you all agree with me. That is what my pain doc told me anyway.
Take care and hope you get the answers and relief you need. Do us all one favor and keep in touch with us for we are a very caring community. Lots of luck!

Sincerely,
Screwballpookie
screwballpookie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote