View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 07:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you for the very interesting articles Mike, I believe you can always be counted on for your sound and interesting contributions to the board. I had read the information about Omega 3 fatty acids that you posted previously and embarked upon an overhaul of my diet as soon as I read that, just prior to my surgery. I don’t eat fish so I started to take Omega 3 fish oil supplements, which is most likely the best in the case of trying to modulate the inflammatory cytokines. I'm also exploring the recommendations from Jolaine regarding enzyme and Dr. Galland's book “Fat reduced diet” which really should be called the anti-inflammatory diet.

It will be a bit challenging to know if any of this makes a difference because my PM doc has stepped up my treatment and is being more aggressive giving me lidocaine weekly alternating between IV and the subcutaneous treatments. He also slotted me in for a series of 3 lumbar sympathetic blocks. He finally understands me when I tell him I can't tolerate a medication as I was hospitalized recently for another serious reaction to a new med.

As you say Mike there is no harm in trying and the cost of omega 3 fish oil is fairly negligible, certainly a healthy diet is always wise.

Loretta when I was in Germany I heard the term centralized RSD used in association with full body RSD. I don’t know if there is a difference but to me centralized RSD seems to makes sense for what its worth.

MsL
Mslday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote