View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 08:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Another point to consider......

If you have the medical coverage or availability of other doctors, be aware a second opinion can help you a lot. I am on my -- hmmmm -- uh ---fourth Neurologist and fifth Urologist and fourth Cardiologist, fourth Pulmonologist and so on.

If you are close to a large city, look for a local magazine that might poll medical professionals as to who they consider the "best" in their profession. Sacramento Magazine sends out questionaires to something like 3000+ medical professionals asking those questions, then they publish it. All of my doctors (now) are in the top group. And my health is REALLY showing it.

U.S. News & World Reports has an annual issue listing the best hospitals in many different categories. It is on the internet as well.

I am not trying to tell you how to lead your life, but just mentioning how I have battled for almost 22 years to insure I am seeing the best doctor FOR ME.

If you are concerned, you might go to your State Gov't website, under "State Medical Board" to see what your rights are. I learned a lot doing that.

I wish you well, you seem so young to be having medical problems (like one of our daughters) ... Don't give up. If you have any questions you don't want to list here, PM me.
Last example: My "allergies" led me to investigate further. I now know I have Vocal Cord Dysfunction, brought on by a bad diagnosis of GERD. More pushing on my part led to a sleep study I did not want, but the sleep study showed I had every bad breathing problem you can think of. I kept pushing and wound up being gone almost 6 weeks to the National Jewish Hospital in Denver, CO in June-July 2007. Their one week of testing lasted about 5 weeks+ before I was released. The allergy problem led them to find a hole in my heart, which they fixed and CCHS. My body is "devolving" (as opposed to progress when we humans evolve). I now fall asleep while people talk to me, but it isn't Narcolepsy. I am still pushing the medical community to figure out what is causing this. CCHS will be fatal one morning. I sleep on a Ventilator, with oxygen now. All because I refused to accept that my problems started with allergies. Don't accept poor performance from the medical community. As I have told many medical professionals: "Are you here to relieve my stress or create it?" Don't give up. Get the right doctor and medications (and vitamins).
"Thanks for this!" says:
weegot5kiz (10-11-2008)