Thread: :(
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2008, 10:58 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

i'm sorry you're going thru all this.
i know how upsetting it can be to have a decline and have to make adjustments in your life.

i waited til the last second to finally use the electric cart in the grocery store and then wondered why i waited so long as it was so helpful.

i would suggest that you shop around a bit. go to some medical supply stores and use some. my original rollator (a walker with a seat) was great. but it weighed about 18-20lbs. i kept it in the back of my car and needed it to go into stores.

then it became harder to lift. i got an almost identical one that weighed 13lbs and it's much easier. make sure that the seat is comfortable, it can hold your weight and that the back is comfortable. i paid about $140 which was probably too much but i didn't have the energy to shop around.

sometimes with RRMS your body gets to a "new normal" after you have ON or a flare. it's frustrating. it sounds like you're on the right track and listening to your body.

good luck.
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
--------------------------------------
"DESIDERATA" by Max Ehrmann
NurseNancy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
slskckjebw (10-15-2008)