View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 12:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default HPV'r

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsBot View Post
AP - One in four teen girls have rolled up their sleeves for the relatively new vaccine against cervical cancer, federal health officials said Thursday.

Read the full article...

(From Yahoo)
Hi NewsBot,
Unfortunately I was told last year that I have the disease. I really don't know that much about it. I went on some web sites to learn what I could. And my Dr. wasn't very helpful when I asked her questions, she acted like it was no big deal. Said we would just watch it. That it could just disappear on it's own. (which I don't getsince the news has made it such a big deal.) For me, having this disease is the least of my problems. When you've all ready been told you have a brain tumor among other things, you start to think well sure, why not! What's one more disease. . . bring it on! I'm not sexually active and don't ever expect to be again. And I've had my kids so I don't have much use for my cervix anyway. Still, I do have a sexually active (adult) daughter and despite this hitting so close to home, I'm not sure I would want her to get the vaccine yet. I know this sounds crazy, but I just don't trust these drug makers any more. It seems like they are so anxious to make money, that they take shortcuts on the testing. And just today there was a commercial on TV that said people are sick & dying after receiving the vaccination Of course this is lawyers looking for clients, can't trust them either I just don't know who to believe or trust anymore.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (10-11-2008), Koala77 (02-08-2009)