View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 01:42 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default An update.

I've been to see my doctor, so thought I'd update you about my bladder problems.

I went to see her about something different, and I almost didn't mention the urgency after waiting over 2 hours in the waiting room, but I eventually did .... not that I got a very satisfactory reply, but at least I mentioned it.

The doctor didn't even order a specimen for pathology but suggested that I take Ural Sachets (they alkalinize the urine incase they're called something different where you live), a diuretic, Cranberry capsules and a specific herbal tea! Trouble is that she couldn't remember the name of the herbal tea that she was recommending! She thought it started with "H", and she said it's the same herbal tea that men take when they have prostate troubles!!!

I've looked it up on the Internet, and I went through a whole heap of different herbal medicines and teas, but I couldn't find one that started with "H", nor could I find any that are used for urinary urgency or prostate problems! I daresay I'll have to keep checking.

If anyone knows what herbal tea she might be recommending, then I'd appreciate it if you let me know.

I used to be on a diuretic when I had high blood pressure, but since
the hemicolectomy my blood pressure has been OK, so I've not needed to take BP medications. But.....my ankles have been swelling lately, so when I mentioned my ankles and my bladder problems, she put me on a new diuretic saying that it should help my bladder!

I haven't worked that one out yet. Diuretics make you run to the toilet, which seems to be a total reversal of why need help with my bladder ...... but....I'll see how it goes.

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote