Thread: advocate info
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 05:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Vonn,

I do not know how you got this far without an Attorney and it matters the kind of Attorney you have. I had an Attorney for my first hearing and was subsequently denied. I then found an Attorney that specializes in Social Security matter - what a blessing. She made sure all my medical information was up to date, got new physician information where it was lacking and we never even went to a hearing. I was given my Social Security based on the evidence without a hearing. Do yourself a favor get an Attorney that specializes in Social Security, they can only charge you so much but if you win it is worth every penny.

Ialso do not know where you heard the infromation about back pay, but here it is. From the date you became disabled to six months after that date you do not receive any benefits, that includes bakpay. However, the backpay then starts at that six month mark. Unless your date of being disabled has changed, the back pay goes to six months from that date. I received over 5 years of back pay when I finally won my case. It does not go your date of denial unless you started a new case after ther denial??
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vonn07 (10-11-2008)