View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 07:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you dllfo for your response. I am sorry to hear of all of problems.
I know what you mean about doctors. I agree wholeheartedly. I have an excellent GI doctor, who spends the time to talk and LISTEN, calls me to see I how I am. A great PCP who also listens, explores my ailment further etc.
I was referred to the Neurologist and just saw him once so far. I will be seeing him again in Nov. He listened quite well and was willing to answer all of my questions. I was prescribed Neurontin, and at that visit I knew nothing about the drug. After my research, I could probably now tell you the molecular structure of the drug! I just didn't understand why he had me on 600mg and the next time I was to see him was 6 weeks away!! what was that goin to do. So, I have been working in conjunction with my PCP on upping the dose and I am now at 1800mg. Believe me, I made some mistakes when i was younger and wasn't my own advocate, just basically did what the doctor told me to do. Now I am at the other end of the spectrum where I can be obsessive about looking up drugs and taking notes.
I will see how this appointment in November goes with the Neuro, but if it is not satisfactory, I agree, I will need to see someone else.
Thank you also for the " too young" comment. hehe. I am 40, not so young.
jess18 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
weegot5kiz (10-11-2008)