View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Not having any experience in being privileged, I can respond from the poverty side of things.

I have worked since I was 11 years old. I learned how to save. I learned how to make do. I learned how to survive anything that came my way. I credit my mother with her lessons to all of us kids in how to live on little money.

I've never had a high powered, high paying job. I've always taken jobs that interested me or gave me personal satisfaction. I have tried to make sure that all my skills are inter-related so when one job ended, another began with a solid foundation, even when it was in a different field.

There were times I worked four jobs at a time. I always volunteered my time, along with working, to assist my community.

I am not afraid of the doom and gloom that the news keeps blowing at us. I am not in the group of people this is going to affect. Yes, I lost money on my 403b, and on my little stock account, but it's all paper until I retire or I need it and I don't plan on that happening for at least 20 years.

Even if I lost my job, I am SURE that I could go out and get another job tomorrow to survive. If I had no job, I could still survive. I've done it before and I can do it again, if need be. I don't live beyond my means. I don't buy impulsively. I don't spend money on new things when I can make do with the old.

I think being raised in a home that taught me how to do things without a lot of money, and with parents who boosted my self confidence and told me I could do anything I set my mind to has made a HUGE difference in my life. They sent me out into the world confident in my ability to take care of myself and my family. I have remained a positive , happy person and for that I will always be grateful to them, fully believing that it will stand me in good stead no matter what life throws at me.

I have this mental picture in my mind of you all, shaking bones and bells and charms, muttering prayers and voodoo curses, dancing around in a circle of salt, with leetle glasses and tiny bottles of cheer in the middle...myyyyyy friends!

diagnosed 09/03/2004
scheduled to start Tysabri 03/05
Tysabri withdrawn from market 02/28/05
Copaxone 05/05-12/06
Tysabri returned to market 06/05/06
Found a new neuro 04/07
Tysabri 05/25/07-present
Medical Marijuana legally 12/03/09

Negative for JC virus antibodies!

I'm doing alright and making good grades,
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!
Riverwild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (10-11-2008), FranksAngel (10-11-2008), JessieSue (10-11-2008), Kitty (10-11-2008), Koala77 (10-11-2008), SandyC (10-11-2008), Wiix (10-11-2008), woodhaven (10-11-2008)