View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Red face

So many good points have been raised so far in so few replies.

Growing up my needs were barely met if met at all. To me luxury was a can of Campbells Soup WITH crackers for lunch. Many times we went without heat and I'd hide away in a neigbors house just to get warm and usually I'd fall asleep then get into trouble for it. I used to HIDE a can of peas in my dresser drawer because many if not all nights I couldn't get to sleep because I was so hungry. Both my parents worked but there just wasn't enough money for the neccessities.

Once I got to the age where I could work, around 14 or so, my mother took half of whatever I made so working didn't have much reward. I am not good with money. I am a terrible consumer because I haven't had enough practice. I hate shopping. Probably because when I was married any money I spent was so scrutinized and examined that I dreaded it. Those were the only times I ever had any money at my disposal and it wasn't all that much. I hate anything to do with money now. I don't even like to think about it.

Yes, I know how to make due or most of the time do without. I am very frugal too. Even now at living at half of the nat'l povery level I take better care of MYSELF now than I ever did while married or with my parents. I have control over my existence now whereas I never did before. Someone always seemed to be hovering over me telling me everything I Couldn't have.

Every job I ever had was fraught with sexual harrassment. Very demeaning. Probably why now I'm a Hermit and a recluse.
Wiix is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (10-11-2008), FranksAngel (10-11-2008), houghchrst (10-11-2008), JessieSue (10-11-2008), Riverwild (10-11-2008), SandyC (10-11-2008)