View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 06:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Deb115,
I'm so happy you found this site. You will find a lot of answers to your questions and comfort. I'd like to encourage you to read on this forum as much as you can. It was 4-5 years before I was correctly diagnosed, so I didn't have the blocks. Some here have had the SCS and some haven't. Everyone reacts differently to meds and procedures, so would like to encourage you to check it out first. I was on 3200 mg of Neurotin for some time, then changed to Lyrica after it was out for over a year. Lyrica works better for me, pain wise and doesn't seem to keep me snowed under. I've asked my Dr. about a cream, for my feet and hands with same ingredients as your spray. He is checking it out. Do you have a compounding pharmacy make it? Both feet and hands really BURN!.
I don't know how to show pictures? Sorry.
I saw my Dr. Monday and asked him about getting my brown moles from the red dot rashes removed. He said no, even that procedure could make the RSD worse and spread. Even his malpractice insurance wouldn't allow it. Did your surgeon have insurance including RSD as a complication of your surgery. My daughter is a court reporter and has done depositions on RSD as a result of surgery. I don't think years ago insurance companies were as aware of RSD complications.
Try to keep relaxed and stress out of your life as much as possible. I use music, meditation, prayer, comedy, stretching, massages, and anything I can think of. I do take one anti-anxiety pill.
And I have full body RSD and the moles everywhere. The rashes and red dots are everywhere and some of them then turn to a brownish-grayish raised mole. My Dr. is a Neurologist, Pharmacologist, and Psychiatrist. He just opened 3 offices for skin procedures.
Sleep is a big problem for a lot of us. A couple of nights ago, I was awake all night till 9:30 the next morning. Those kind of nights are awful aren't they. I do try to make my sleep time regular and try not to nap during the day if possible so I can keep a routine going. Anyone have any ideas?
Deb, do you suffer from depression? Most of us do, not just because of our losses and change in our life, but it's part of the disorder. Anti-depressants help with nerve pain is why I ask. Let us know how you are doing?Loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (09-09-2015)