Thread: Polyneuropathy
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 08:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLBEYMOORE View Post
I have been on Neurontin since 8/08. I am now up to 900 mg at bedtime.
My latest A1C is down to 8.1 from 12.4 in 7/08.
My doctor on Friday prescribed tramadol for the pain as well after having a very very bad night pain wise on Thursday.

Everyone says excercise helps however when I do walk when I come home my ankles are swollen at least twice their normal size and then the next day I stay in bed with my feet elevated.

I also have diabetic nephrology where I spill alot of protein in my urine.

I am considering applying for SSA benefits since my job requires me to stand on my feet all day dealing with the public. Being at home off my feet the pain is so bad at times I am constantly snapping at my children and husband. Then nights cant sleep...

Colby - is that 900 mgs a day? If so I believe that is a small dose. Others with more knowledge can correct me if incorrect. I take 1200 mgs 4 times a day, and 25 mgs of amitryp. at bedtime with tramadol for breakthrough pain. Hang in there and keep talking to the docs. You may need to increase the dose of neurontin.

I have a friend with diabetes and PN. He controls his diet (as Brian stated) and uses the supplements discussed in the stickies. He is having very good luck with decreasing his pain from neuropathy. Also, I have had good luck with the lidoderm patches. There is guidance under the posts by mrsD. on how to use them as proper placement is key.
Leslie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote