View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 07:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Weekly Check In Oct 12-18, 2008

Hi Everyone..We had a great week of weather here in Rhode Island..Dry, and in the high 60's and low 70's..That is a bonus for this time of the year

I picked my friend John up from detox Monday evening, and I doubted that he was ready to leave after only four days in the facility..I think he signed himself out, but anyway, we went clamming on Thursday and Friday, and yesterday morning he was seen with someone who he shouldnt be hanging out with, so I have a feeling that he is off and running again..I could see he was depressed and struggling all week..I fear the worst, and one thing that Im really concerned about, is I have syringes here because I have a diabetic cat, and as I use the syringes, I put used ones in a ziplock bag, and in a drawer in the hutch..Then when I need new ones, I bring the bag of used syringes to the animal hospital, and they dispose of them..Well, I know where I put that bag of used syringes, and I looked for it last night because I need some new ones, and I cant find it..I tore those drawers in the hutch inside out, and they are not there..Theres always a possibility that I may have moved them for whatever reason, but I dont recall doing so..I hope he didnt take them, because he was a heroin addict..I hope I find them, cuz Im thinkin', this is not good

I got my airplane tickets this week, and a friend is going to drive me to Logan to catch my flight..My friends limo service was way too expensive..I now have to figure out what Im gonna do about getting back from the airport, when I get back home..Maybe the bus, as its really cheap..Hopefully, Harley and I will get to spend a day with Rosebud and her friend, sometime or other while Im out there..Ive been relieved of the planning of that event cuz Rosebud says "not to worry about the planning, cuz its clearly a job for two capable and clever women"..If I didnt know better, Id say this was a mutiny!!

I went out clamming by myself yesterday, and did well..I am on my way out the door to go again today..This is the first time Ive felt strong enough to go two days in a row and do all of the work by myself..It took a long time to get strong enough, but it sure does feel good not to be flat on my *** the following day

How was your week?