View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 12:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I'm cured; Do you ever get that feeling?

I'm always mystified in how I feel when my herbs/drugs are working just perfectly. This is when I'm feeling perfectly normal (maybe not to an outside observer but to me). I can walk, laugh, run, dance, etc. I'm feeling like I'm on top of the world. I'm cured!!!!!!! I forget that I had a hard time walking just 15 minutes ago. My mind is so confused about that, How could this be? I feel fine, I don't have parkinsons. Even when I know it's time to take my next dose, I keep saying to myself, "No need, I'm cured". In the back of my mind, I know it's not so. It's so weird feeling like you're normal again, even it lasts only 10 minutes, sometimes a lot longer. It's like I completely forget I have pd, and have a hard time believing it's going to come back when my herbs/drugs wear off.
Here's another mind game. I had a wonderful supper at a nice restaurant with another pd'er last week. We were both a bit overmedicated and moving around like kids listening to their favorite song. We knew people were looking at us from the corners of their eyes, but we didn't care. We knew that we were the only normal ones there and the rest were aliens. We had each other and that was all that mattered.

Enjoy Life
Remember we're the normal ones.
Max
Max19BC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (10-12-2008), indigogo (10-13-2008), made it up (10-12-2008)