View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

It wasn't today but it's taken me this long to get my words together.

Thursday I had to drive to an appointment that I was looking forward to but for some reason the drive is something that I just didn't want to make...

As I headed out I noticed a small splash of orange in the neighbors tree... bright orange. Then a few miles away I noticed a splash of red and a splash of orange in a group of trees...

It then hit me... God has his paintbrushes out... showing us all of the bright bold colors that he can before he sends us the browns, grays, and then the bright white of winter. It amazes me that he reminds us how beautiful this little planet is with just a few swipes from his paint brushes.

Actually... In the fall.. I often picture fall as God with a BIG paintbrushes full of Reds, Yellows, and Oranges.... I can see Him standing there, looking at the trees knowing they are going to turn brown soon...but he takes each brush, flicks the end, splashing paint of bright brilliant colors onto the trees for all to see...but for a limited time only.

I saw God's artwork that day on my drive... I guess it wasn't a bad drive after all... I hope the colors are still there as I make the same trek at the end of this week...

Abbie

Rest in Peace
3/8/90 ~~ 4/2/12
Abbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (10-13-2008), eva5667faliure (09-26-2014), mistiis (10-13-2008)