View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 10:35 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Erin, have you ever considered that perhaps anxiety is part of the problem? It does seem like many weekends (or before vacation time), you become more anxious about your health issues then you do during the week.

I have a few Naproxen (for pain), antibiotics (for infection of most kinds), UTI antibiotics, and allergy meds all lined up in my cupboard for those times when it is not convenient to get to a doctor or clinic. In fact, the clinic doctor here calls me "Doctor G", cause I usually treat myself (or my kids) for the first few days of any illness, then just go in when it is convenient to get a full rx.

Yes, our symptoms fluctuate, but I suspect that many times you will be fine (without treatment) by Monday anyway . . . but if things do get too rough over the weekend, your dad or aunt can probably offer some sound advice on what you can take, without contemplating a visit to the ER.

Trust me, these "problems" occur for most of us (and our kids) when it is least convenient, and with 2 or 5 kids, most parents would spend considerable time at the ER if we didn't either start treating them, or leave the problem for a few days when our doc office opens. There is very little that will "kill" us by Monday . . . so just don't stress about it.

Cherie