View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 01:51 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I had my Neuro appointment today. He went over the films with me and showed me ones from last April and the ones from last Monday.

There was an existing lesion that was enhanced via the dye on the most recent one. It was not enhanced last April. It's pretty large and he said it is a T2 lesion. He did tell me that my sx are being caused by existing lesions (no new ones thank goodness). My balance issues and vision issues are caused by this lesion which is on the left side of my brain, thus my right hand is numb.

I need some opinions. I've been taking LDN since 9/1/2008. Just a little over a month. Do you think I've been taking it long enough for there to be any significant improvement in the progression of my disease? Should I continue to take it? I definitely feel better when I do.

The Neuro is pushing hard for Ty and I just do not want to go that route. Plus....come the end of December I will have no insurance anyway so that sort of takes care of that for me!

My gut says to give the LDN a chance.....this lesion could have been enhanced even before I started the LDN and would have caused me problems whether I started LDN in September or not.

I think he was a little irritated at me that I didn't want to begin the Ty but like I told him I have no way to pay for it after December. Like all doctors they really don't want to discuss finances with you.

So....that's what it is for me. I'm leaning towards just continuing with the LDN and see what happens over the next 6 months. What do ya'll think?
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (10-13-2008), FinLady (10-13-2008), FranksAngel (10-14-2008), Girlie Girl (10-14-2008), SallyC (10-13-2008), SandyC (10-13-2008), Twinkletoes (10-13-2008), Vonn07 (10-13-2008), yeahbut (10-13-2008)