Thread: Mucuna Pruriens
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 02:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default "Mucuna" Take it gradually.

I'm coming up to 3 years in taking "mununa". I'm still believe it's working for me. I've tried many different mucuna options (organic mucuna powder, tablets, capsules and Zandopa). They all work, some more powerful than others. I still take some sinemet with the mucuna to help it along. But it's important to treat "mucuna" as a drug. DON'T just add it to your regiment of drugs, you might overmedicate yourself. If you're taking Sinemet, be sure to gradually (weeks / months) reduce it in small amounts at a time and replace it with a small amount of mucuna instead. Everyone is different, so you'll have to experiment. Keep track of your results. Let your doctor know what you're doing.
The one thing that I've noticed with myself, it that it's becoming harder to stay on that edge. The edge is when you've reached you optimum normal self.
Lately, I've been finding myself going over the edge (overmedicated). What I've just started to do this week is to reduce my meds/herbs by 25% and take it every 2 1/2 hours instead of every 3 hours. I've already noticed an improvement. Muncuna gets in your system pretty quickly, it's better to take it in smaller amounts and more often.

A good website on "Mucuna" is:
http://www.parkinson.org/NETCOMMUNIT...=459&srcid=379
Good Luck,
EnJOY life,
Max
Max19BC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
willy (10-13-2008)