View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 08:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smirk RSD Settlement

Rita,
I was injured at work in March 2003, and have had several nerve blocks, chemical sympatectomy, and after no relief and severe swelling and being wheel chair bound for 8 months had an ANS Spinal Cord Stimulator implanted in March 2005, it has helped but my doctor told me that I have permanent damage to my leg muscles and since it had spread to from just my left leg into my right leg that I will never be able to hold down a full-time job again. I have finally reached the end of the road and the insurance carrier for my employer wants to settle. I have been looking to find what similar cases have settled for. I live in Illinois and they have lifetime medical but I was told they will want to close the claim and offer money in place of lifetime medical. It has been a very slow and frustrating process... hope and wish your family well. I lost my wife, my home and it has cost me so much time with my children that it seemed at times I had lost everything and things would never get better. My faith in God and good friends helped me keep my sanity. Anyway, I'm not sure how things work in your state but for me the research I have done tells me they will take my average weekly wage and multiply it 52 times and then multiply it out over my life expectancy. It will never be enough but I just pray that I will be able to provide a home and comfortable life for me and my children. Hope this helps God Bless, hutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita View Post
I am so unfamiliar with Worker's Comp, but am gaining a real distaste for them. Reed's checks are so little to begin with, and they can never seem to send them on time. They refuse to approve needed medical treatment and meds, then we go through a hassle just to get approval.
Now that we have an attorney, things will get easier, I hope. But I am really concerned about this whole "settlement" thing. Has anyone settled with WC for RSD?
We have no idea what to expect, and honestly, we're both dreading finding out what they are going to come up with. If anyone has experience with them, or has any advice, please let me know. Reed does NOT need more stress right now, and I'm trying to deal with them as much as possible to save him the headache.
Thanks in advance..you guys are great!
hutch0024 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote