View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 09:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Karen & EJ,

Thanks for your feedback about keeping pain diaries. I signed up for the free version today. I was wondering if the premium paid version allowes one to record medications side effects and reactions. Karen have you shared your pain diary with your doctor or other health professionals? If so what feedback have they given you about it. It seems like such a great tool I was wondering if doctors will use it to help in treatment management or if they just dismiss it. I'm going for lidocaine tomorrow and I will ask my pm doc if he is interested in participating in this with me.

I also found another interesting site called patinetslikeme.com http://www.patientslikeme.com/ It is a slightly different concept from the pain diary and I really like the fact that they can track different treatments and side effects based on what other patients report. Currently the focus is primarily for patients suffering from ALS, MS Parkinsons etc. I contacted them and asked them to include RSD but it looks like they are still working on adding other diseases. I think this could be really useful for those of us suffering this horrible disease. Perhaps if others ask for an RSD category to be added they will include it sooner rather than later.

I think these sites show great promise in helping patients manage their health.

Big hugs.

MsL
Mslday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote