View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 10:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Could it be an undiagnosed yeast overgrowth in the GI tract that has spread to other parts of the body. Women will have recurring vaginal yeast infections because of a systemic yeast problem that originates and goes untreated in the GI tract.

Sometimes a man can have atheletes foot problems that won't go away also. Not so unlike a nail fungual problem. If that symptoms is not going away then you may need to look internally.

Any type of fungal yeast skin problem that is recurring should be viewed as a symptom of a systemic issue that may be originating in the GI tract.

The probiotics may be too little, too late. But you do have the right idea. You can expect that only some good bacteria to change this problem now. It may have gotten to the point that you need something more than just probiotics. Caprylic acid kills only the yeast. There are many, many products OTC that can help with GI yeast problems. The specific carb diet can help too. Usually when it gets to a certain point the probiotics don't really work, and may be a food source for the yeast. (I met someone who said that probiotics made his GI yeast problem worse. I have read that probiotics can make it worse too.) You do have to use something that will kill off the yeast, and the probiotics alone may not be enough.

I have had GI yeast problems myself and used a number of different things together like Aqua Flora, a homeopathic liquid, Candex, enxymes that digest the yeast outer cell membrane, and caprylic acid with psyllium. Some think that one product may be effective for one strain of yeast, so trying more than one product may ensure you will kill off potentially more than just one strain at a time.

I am not sure about cocunut oil and how to use it.
orthomolecular is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote