View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 10:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Has your Mestinon become less effective?

Thought I would open up this question not only to build up our database, but also to answer one of my own questions. Mestinon is the only medication I take. I've noticed that over the past several years I've gone from taking 1/2 tab to 3/4 tab and now to a whole 60 mg tab every 4 hours. I'm not sure if the MG has actually gotten a little worse, or if my body has gotten adjusted to the Mestinon so that I need to keep increasing the dosage to get the same effect. I know its not that I used to be underdosed, because each time I increased the dosage, I had to be very careful of timing and to take with food or otherwise I would get horrible symproms of overdose. As it is, my GP (I'm not under the care of a neuro) thinks I need to increase my dosage to a tab every 3 hours, but I've been resisting, since I get overdose symptoms if I do, and worry that if I keep up the every 3 hour dosage, I'll just get used to it, and then have to raise my dosage again.
SO------ What's your experience been with mestinon? How many years have you taken it, have you had to increase your dose? Do you feel that it doesn't work as effectively as it used to?
Hugs,

Last edited by loisba; 11-16-2006 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Typo! Hate typos!
loisba is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote