View Single Post
Old 11-16-2006, 10:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambeliever128 View Post
I can't believe that you are able to work, that is wonderful. I always am happy to hear that a person can work. They have to be extra strong to do that.

Have a good evening girl, hopefully with very little pain.
Ada
Ada, don't be thinking I'm that strong. I work in an office, doing all the bookkeeping, but this place is so small, it's just me, the owner and one other guy. So that tells you how much work I do. And....my filing hasn't been done ALL YEAR. I have GOT to do that. But my hands hurt so bad that by the time i'm done internetting and typing shippers, I'm spent and cant do anything else...so I just don't get the filing done. Maybe if I'd do THAT instead of typing HERE I'd get it done???? Nah! why shoul I do that? Dr said typing IS good exercise for my hands, right? So this is THERAPY! Surely my boss would agree! LOL!

See...thing is...I've been here 8 years (day after Thanksgiving will be 8 years). My boss is a friend of my Mom and Stepfather's. And he's almost like a father to me. And he's said on several occassions that when he retires (and he's going to be 67 in Feb on Groundhogs day and is already collecting SS) that he's going to give the company to me and my coworker. GIVE! Not SELL, but GIVE. Now, granted, he's said that at times after a "liquid lunch" but at other times when he HASN'T had that...and we DO know for sure that he's willed the company to the two of us with 51/49 ownership - with me having 51% because I'm a woman and hopefully that would get us some benefits with it being "minority owned." The building is already paid for, all the equipment is paid for, etc. We are well known all over the area, and this company has been in business over 40 years. He bought it from the previous owners (he used to work for them). So IF THAT HAPPENS, then I really can be here in an "owners" position which would be more "sales" and actually be able to hire someone PART TIME to do what I do (cuz what I do really COULD be done only part time if it weren't for the phones). Plus...the insurance is GREAT.

So how can I give up? Luckily my doctors are all for someone with RSD to continue working...so they are doing all they can to help me to CONTINUE working. Everyone in my family and SO's family are trying to get me to apply for SSD, but I'm trying NOT TO...cuz what I "may" stand to lose in the longrun, which is part ownership of this company, is too much...

Does this tell you why I sufffer thru and why i really shouldn't be considered "strong"? LOL!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
Visit My Message Board - Helping Custodial Parents Collect Child Support From Deadbeats for 7 Years

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
right Side TOS Decompression Surgery 12/2005
RSD Exacerbated after surgery
Still have TOS on left side
RSD On right side, currently in hand, forearm (underside), shoulder, chest, to hollow of throat, and in left hand creeping up into left wrist
LisaM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote