View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 07:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sorry you're feeling yucky poo but you sure had a good run of it. Most of us don't last so long between infusions.

I have to say, I have a BIG problem with your doctor admitting you for any little flare, and running tests, etc. You have MG--it waxes and wanes. He needs to learn to deal with it. All I have ever done is call and my doc orders up whatever I need. I've NEVER been hospitalized in 10 years merely for "MG stuff" and I've been VERY VERY sick more than a few times. You are at much greater risk of catching a bug (and I don't mean a LITTLE one) by being in the hospital.

Do call and let your doc know. You don't HAVE to agree to plasma...I've refused it a few times (never done it--it frightens me.) It's not been a problem. I'd also push for IVIG in the home or outpatient setting. Now that you're taking Cellcept (and what a tiny dose you're on!) you are more prone to catching the nasty bugs that lurk in the hospital setting.

Just for grins, if I were your neuro, I'd bump up the pred a tiny bit and increase the CC to 2000 daily. I'd also order you some IVIG at home. Will be interesting to see what your doc does. (Ahhhh, the ways we amuse ourselves--playing doctor!)

Keep us posted.

Missy
MissyGirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote