View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 12:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
I know it might be hard but what about reaching out to them with a nice card or letter?
Hi Ali!

I also agree with Jo, sometimes people just need to see someone reaching out. And sometimes a nice response or letter will put the hurts on them more than a mad or angry letter. People are weird like that, sometimes people dont even know they are being mean or cruel, or even cognitive that their actions or inaction are effecting people.

My family used to run from me because I always wanted to talk about what ails me. At first they were real concerned, but after a while it was a heavy burden to them because they cant do anything, they are helpless. So they would avoid me at all costs, I was a real bummer or downer LOL.

So when the time comes for you to have a one on one visit with them keep the hurting you out of the equation, let them get to know the little girl they remember. They will still see the hurting you, but they wont be pressed to find a way to deal with it.

It wont be long and they will look forward to your visits, and will try to understand the things that dont make sense with this awful disease.

I wish you luck on whatever approach you use

Gone Squatchin
allentgamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (10-14-2008)