Thread: new and scared
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 01:53 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Hi Kristi

Hey girl, sorry bout the diagnosis. It can be very scary and very much overwhelming. All of the what ifs----oy make you a bit insane in very short order.
My very best advice to you, take a deep breath. Sit down and let it sink in for a while. Don't try to "investigate" anything right now. Just give yourself some time to take it in. Talk with your family about it. Let them help you thru this initial shock.
Stay active in whatever way you are able. The key to any and all activity is to go and do but don't overdo!! In other words listen to your body. When it says hey girl need a break, don't push it. You can't push thru this anymore. Not just building endurance like the old days. Ya know, come on one more!! You can do it!! NO this is not the MG way. The MG way is ok, today I'll back off. Tomorrow I'll see how far I can go again.
The key to living the good life with mg is to listen to your body. Get lots of rest. Eat right. Exercise if/when you are able. Stress levels are a big no no. Have to keep those in line as much as that is possible.
Try not to look at the future of the MG to much. The way that we present and the "disability" we have varies greatly from one person to another. Many people are well managed on medications and hardy know they have MG. Others no matter what they get will be a mess. So the variables are so vast, one would be insane trying to figure that out. And let's face it we CAN'T figure out the future unless you are my friend Missy and have some kinda sick sense!! LOL
But seriously, I know how your world has been tossed askew. Let it all slow down so you can catch up again. Then move forward with your docs.
As to the prednisone, I see you are concerned about wt gain. That can be an issue. Again some no matter what they do puff up and that's their reality. Others you'd never know they were on it wt wise.
Eat a balanced diet, mind your sodium intake. Keep your fats and carbs in recommended ranges. Keep a close eye on your wt so if you do start gaining you can make necessary modifications to your diet to help curtail it.
Well, all this to say , hi and we are here!
justdeb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote