Thread: Dental Work
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 04:36 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I haven't had any dental work since developing RSD has I have just been too scared to get to the Dentist but on Thursday I have to go and get a filling on one of my back teeth. I then have to go back to the dentist about 2 weeks after that to have another filling on the other side of my mouth and a tooth extracted. My teeth were always in great condition, until I developed RSD. Since having RSD, my teeth have been chipping a lot and break very easily - my PM Doctor told me that this is because my body isn't producing enough Calcium and suggested I take Vitamin C and also the meds are probably causing the dental issues.

When I went to the Dentist, I printed a link about RSD and Dentistry which I found of the American RSD Hope Website (Debbie has provided the link). My Dentist very kindly read it and said that he would numb my mouth up more than in a normal patient as it suggested to do so in the Article and he would also give me something to prevent any inflammation.

I will let you know how the Dental work goes and if I have any side effects, additional pain etc.

All the best,
Alison