View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 05:14 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb I used to use cod liver oil in winter.

That had 1000 IU.But it had alot of A.

I get out in the sun alot in the summers, at our summer home
in the boonies, on the shore. I come home highly tanned, and feeling great. Then the great decline begins in earnest starting in October. Two winters ago I bought a light visor, and at least I don't have the depressive reactions now.

But last year I upped to 2000 IU in the winter. And combined with the light visor, I am SO MUCH better, mood wise!
I have some PN and arthritic chronic pain issues, so while I am not PD (yet) I am still in that neuro danger zone.
There are new studies even showing increasing Vit D along with light therapy helps too. But I didn't know that then.

Given the low price of quality D3, it is really not even a hardship in any way to provide it.

But what is frustrating is that doctors are testing now for it, and I guess they went to some CME courses that taught it.
But they are treating with the old antiquated D2 which is Rx and is 50,000 units ...and that seems like a huge dose, but in reality it is not, because D2 is not active, and not as useful as D3. But there is no RX version of D3, so they just don't get that part, yet. That RX D2 has been around as long as I have been alive-- older than dirt. Times have changed, but the therapeutic manuals are not up to date. This is also true for B12 therapy and magnesium (magnesium oxide is old as dirt too and not effective we know now).

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote